Textbook Rental Program
Taft College is unique in that many textbooks are available to students on a rental basis. Participation in the textbook rental program is only a fraction of the cost of purchasing your textbooks. On the average rental, the Taft College student will save 70% off the new book price. In order to participate in the rental program, you must have a current copy of your class schedule, current ASO sticker and Taft College Student ID Card. Students must purchase an ASO Sticker to participate in the rental program from the Cashier office, bookstore or bookstore website (bookstore.taftcollege.edu). The ASO stickers are available for $30.00 per academic year. Students purchasing an ASO sticker April 1st – July 31st each year will be given a $15 discount in order to participate in the textbook rental program during the summer term only.
Checkout Procedure for Textbook Rentals
- Rental textbooks may be checked out approximately three weeks prior to the beginning of each new semester depending on availability.
- Students must purchase an ASO Sticker to participate in the rental program.
- Students must take their class schedule to the Bookstore to rent applicable books.
- Students may order their textbooks online at http://bookstore.taftcollege.edu. Orders may be picked up at the bookstore or you may have them shipped via UPS for a fee determined by address of delivery and package weight.
- Rental textbooks must be returned to obtain transcripts or to register for classes for any subsequent semester.
Return Procedure for Textbook Rentals
- Students who drop a class should immediately return rental textbooks to the Bookstore.
- All rental textbooks must be returned by the end of each semester to avoid being charged a late fee of $10.00 per book.
- To avoid being charged full replacement cost, all rental books must be returned to the Bookstore no later than 10 business days after the end of the current semester. All rental books unreturned after 10 business days will become the property of the student and the student becomes responsible for the full replacement cost of the textbook.
- Some instructors may require proof of textbook return before final exam can be taken.